Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm going to have sore legs tomorrow!


We decided to stay closer to home today and check out the area the other side of Masriudoms (only a 15 minute drive from our place). I wasn't sure whether it would be as scenic as the better-known National Parks around Montsant / Siurana, with their stunning views and mountains, but I was wrong. Very, very, wrong. I can also confirm that the mountains are every bit as steep! 


Starting the day with a good old slog! From Masriudoms village at 200m then to the first coll at 600m. You can actually  just about see Montbrio in the distance... 







Another coll at 600m...




If Carlsberg did picnic areas... This incredible spot looked brand new, jutting out on a promontory looking out to sea  



Resting my weary legs!



The tiny sleepy hamlet of Castello - pretty much the only evidence of human presence we saw in the mountains!




Descending with sea views

No comments:

Post a Comment