Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lake District

With its big green fells, beautiful lakes and quaint stone villages, I love the Lake District. I've been many times but all too often end up trudging around in the rain or sheltering in tea shops. This week's last minute trip was a welcome departure though! Whilst you can't knock the teashops(!) it was a thoroughly pleasant change to have six days of solid sunshine and walking with fantastic cloudless views!


Slogging up Cat Bells in the sun!



Lovely views of Lake Windermere (the only reason I stopped obviously!)



He couldn't resist another foxglove shot!



The view from our cottage in Bassenthwaite...



Starting off towards Scafell Pike - the last time I was here I couldn't even see the fells!

















Ali discovers a new flower - marsh orchids this time



Boats on Lake Windermere







Bees take second place to dragonflies! 









The ultimate foxglove shot?!



Afternoon tea in the cottage garden. Not a bad spot!



Views of Blencathra from the cottage window.



Another stunning ridgeline...










Make hay while the sun shines and all that...



Scrambling on the sharp edge of Sharp Edge...



Time for a well-earned pint?!






The Stone Circle at Keswick shortly before a pagan wedding party arrived... can you feel the energy?



A spot of Croquet anyone? No idea of the rules but we just played it like minigolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment