Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Monday, February 28, 2011

Crag swag...

Prompted by finding another screwgate halfway up a route on Saturday and sorting out some kit this morning, I decided to put together the 'crag swag' I've found over the last few years just to see how much I'd managed to collect. This is stuff that I've found on routes that people have either dropped or left in place while retreating from a route that they couldn't finish. And this is the result!

I always take some of this stuff up long multi-pitch routes just in case something goes wrong and we need to abseil off, but thankfully that hasn't happened yet and I always tend to find more stuff every time we go out - hence this collection!


Crag swag from the last few years - obviously it's gone straight on the rack!


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to check my rack - i recognise some of that stuff - robbing mallions though thats a bit tight! Nice ball nut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yeh I should have called it 'bag swag' - most of it's come from you! Seriously though, you probably recognise it cos you were using it all last summer in the Alps ;-) Bet you're glad you didn't know where it came from at the time!

    ReplyDelete