With a mixed forecast this week and rain last night, I didn't make any firm plans with Xav for climbing today. So when I got a text this morning interrupting my lie-in saying that it was sunny and did I want to go climbing I can't say I was too psyched to get up! I was just looking forward to a coffee and some Lidl shopping...why does it never rain when you want it to! ;-)
But I have to admit that when I got up and it was really warm and sunny I felt a lot more energetic! Neither of us were too keen on going to Masriudoms again and with the weather so nice we decided to head up the hill to Siurana. This time to Grau dels Masets de Baix, and a newly developed area on the right-hand side of the crag.
I worked my way along the little sector from left to right, starting with a really nice 6c ('Clasicorra Bastorra'), and then did a new route just to its right which isn't in the new guide, so I've no idea what it is. It felt about 7a+ maybe? Very good though. I then did the 7b 'Males puces' to the right - amazing technical climbing to a crimpy rockover right at the top (felt more like 7b+ for the rockover move) before finishing on the last route of the sector which was another fantastic 7a.
I must visit the camping to see if the new routes are listed - there was also a really good looking new one on the wall to the left of 'Sinestesia', which again isn't in the new guide.
| Not a great picture of Xav on the 6c 'Clasicorra Bastorra' - it was actually much better than it looks here (at least it shows the blue sky!) |
![]() |
| Some Spanish girl on the mega-classic and ridiculously named 'Cenar, beber, emborracharse, vomitar, dolor de cabeza' (F6c) as we were leaving. (Translation: eat, drink, get drunk, vomit, headache) |

No comments:
Post a Comment