As the clocks went forward last night we decided to use that as an excuse not to get up this morning, obviously in order to avoid jet lag! So after a lie in and lazy morning we opted for a bit of a walk and some crag exploration in the sunshine instead of climbing.
First on the list was the bit of rock to the left of the main cave at Masriudoms. I've always looked at it and wondered if there were any routes over there, and today I finally went up to check it out. Turns out that most of the rock isn't as good quality as it looks from below, but there were two lines on it which went up some nice tufas.
| I also found this little house - needs plenty of work, but it could be a future renovation project?! Perfect location right underneath Masriudoms cave. |
| After Masriudoms we walked along the meandering dry river bed towards Masboquera. It started off fairly wide and open... |
| ...but soon became much deeper and more interesting. It reminded me of some of the dry wadis in Oman. |
| Before we got to the next crag on the list. I've seen this north-facing one many times from the top of some of the very longest routes at Masriudoms and wondered if it had any climbing on. |
| One final crag that we saw from the track on the way back - I'd had enough bush-whacking for one day by this point so we decided to save it for next time! |
Did you rob the bread?
ReplyDelete