Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rest days; welcome and unwelcome...

After five days of climbing I was in need of a few rest days, which coincided nicely with a couple of grey and cloudy days. While I was sorting out some of the stuff in the spare room, I found some pairs of climbing shoes that I'd forgotten about, bringing my collection to a grand total of seven pairs and an extra random right boot!


Don't think I'll need to get any new ones for a while!

One of the jobs I needed to do yesterday was to shorten the wiring on the hall light and raise the shade, so that I didn't bang my head on it any more. Now I'm no electrician, but I like to think that I can do a simple job like that without blowing the fuse! So after sorting the wire and switching the power back on I was fairly happy with the results and we had no problems all afternoon. Unfortunately when we got back after work, within 10mins the power had blown and we had no electricity at all. I couldn't help thinking there might be some coincidence between my earlier handywork and the lack of power! And by this time it was about 10.30pm and we couldn't get through to the landlord, so candles it was!




This morning we finally got in touch with the landlord and he came round to do exactly the same as I'd done to try and solve the problem (i.e. flick the circuit breakers up and down a few times!), before admitting defeat and calling a sparky. Thankfully we didn't have to wait on Spanish time too much and the electrician was round within half an hour. The verdict: the main fuse had blown down in the basement - entirely unconnected with my antics yesterday. Manhood restored! Shame it meant that we had to wait in all morning to sort it out and couldn't go climbing - hopefully we'll get out tomorrow instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment