Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Last climb in Spain...

We nipped up to Siurana today for a quick climb before work this morning. I was keen to get back on the 8a+ at L'Aparador that I tried last week and Tash wanted to have another go at 'Rauxa'. After putting the draws in 'Rauxa' for Tash, I went up 'De aqui a la luna'. Thankfully it felt much more do-able than last week, and the first half felt positively easy (although the dodgy rock at the bottom was still worrying!!). I also realised that you can get an almost hands off rest before the crux if you lean into the wall enough. Sadly, the crux bulge felt as hard as I remembered, but I managed to work out a slightly easier sequence and almost linked it in one. Unfortunately, as quickly as I was working sequences out I was also losing skin on the teeny crimps so had to sack it off. After belaying Tash on her route I decided to try and link the bottom half, up to the rest, before moving out right to the mid-height belay on the 7c next door, thereby missing out the hard bit on the 8a+. This I managed to do, so all that's left is some refining of the end of crux sequence and then it'll be redpoint time.

This'll be the last blog for a while, as we're off to France on Saturday. Happy days....

No comments:

Post a Comment