Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Return to Margalef...

Tash's friend, who's staying with us for a few days, arrived here last night so today we headed back over to Margalef with her. It was a little bit cooler thanks to a nice gentle breeze and the conditions were much better than yesterday. We started at the Chorreras sector for Helen to do a few of the nice tufa 5s and 6s, before moving round to Culample 4 again when it came into the shade. I warmed up putting the draws in 'Fanatic' (7a+) for Tash to have a go at - she worked out all the moves but got pretty pumped where it gets steeper at the top so left it for another day. I then did two amazing routes - some of the best I've done in Margalef - on perfect gently overhanging pocketed limestone (almost Ceuse quality!). The first was a pretty soft 7b+ called 'P.G.B' and the second 'Whiskey Compadre' (7c) - both AMAZING routes. After these I wanted to get on the 8a that I'd tried last week but there was a guy going bolt to bolt on it very slowly, so we went round the corner into the sunshine for Tash and Helen to do a few more routes, before going down to the lake for a BBQ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment