With the temperatures so high at the moment we had to climb in the shade again, and Tash had some unfinished business at El Pati so that's where we headed. Unfortunately I've been here so often in recent years that I haven't got much left to do. There was one route I hadn't been on though, so took the opportunity today seeing as the draws were in it - must be someone else working it? Plus my new photographer was in tow, and he wanted to get some new pics for the sponsors - cheers Pete!
Anyway, it has a bit of a reputation as solid 9b so I wasn't too sure how I'd get on, but surprisingly I didn't find it too bad. I can't really call it an onsight, as I'd watched some kid called Adam Ondra while he was trying it for ages, so I guess it was more of a flash. Either way, I was pleased to do it so easily and shows that the extra training has paid off.
![]() |
| Me at the crux of 'Golpe Estado' (9b) - this move on its own is at least V3!!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment