The high temperatures and even higher humidity this past week have delayed us getting back into climbing like we wanted to, but this weekend we had high hopes for a return to our usual crushing! Sadly, this wasn't to be...
Saturday we visited a brand new crag to us - Tartareu - up north of Lleida, which hadn't been top of our priorities in the past due to the concentration of lower grade routes, but given that we haven't clipped a bolt for the best part of 3 months I thought it might be a good time to check it out!
Here I did half a dozen routes from 6a - 6c+ before it was game over through pump and painful fingers. Not exactly my finest day's climbing and hardly worth the 4hr round trip(!), but we've got to start somewhere I guess. And at least the crag turned out to be better than I'd expected and somewhere worth coming back to.
![]() |
| Tartareu - mediocre Spanish limestone at its best! |
After a bit too much wine to celebrate/commiserate our first day back on the rock Sunday wasn't exactly an alpine start. The temperatures had magically dropped overnight though, with a fresh breeze blowing, so we stayed local and headed up to Siurana.
After the first route Tash's back was giving her serious problems and she could hardly move (after she slipped and jarred it at the dusty crag yesterday?). So that spelled the end of her climbing day! I did a handful of nice routes I hadn't done before, but was finding the 6b+'s hard enough. Thankfully Tash's back was now hurting just belaying, so I was able to use that as an excuse to go home for a beer :-)
Highlight of the day was definitely driving on the brand new Borges del Camp bypass which reduces the Montbrio to Siurana run by over five minutes ipso facto giving us a whole TEN minutes extra crushing time at the crag!
Hopefully we can make use of this early Christmas present and actually start crushing again...or at least walking in Tash's case!

No comments:
Post a Comment