Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Success at Mont-roig

We returned to Mont-roig today. It was super hot, even at 10am when we first arrived but thankfully the best sectors are in the shade (though I might not be so grateful for that in the winter!). After warming up on the easier of the roof sectors I moved on to the best bit of rock at Mont-roig - Pandora's Box.

The long-term project still remains a project but today I managed to do the easier left-hand start to it - Parasiempre (font 7a+). There isn't that much of any real quality at Mont-roig but this is right up there with some of the best problems I've done anywhere. It would be a classic even somewhere like Font I reckon. [It'll be waiting for you in February Matt!]. And Tash was on hand to get a quick vid - this was actually a second lap on it 'cos she missed the start first time round so it's a bit sketchy at the end! Good training though I suppose ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment