Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Getting more psyched for bouldering...

Back at Mont-roig for some more boulder crushing today. After a quick warm-up I set about trying the right-hand start to the prow problem (Contracorriente). I managed to work out one or two individual moves but it felt HARD and I couldn't link much of it at all. So instead I tried the extended version of Parasiempre that I managed last week. Starting stood up off to the right of the roof and then linking in to the 7a+ version via a good crack/rail through the roof bumps this up to font 7c according to the guide. I reckon this is a bit OTT but the extension certainly means you're pretty tired by the time you get into the original start. After working out the initial moves, which ended up being some cool 3D climbing to get into the roof crack, I had a go at linking into the previous start. I managed to get through the extension and into the original problem but powered out at the crux throw out to the lip, as I'd predicted. It definitely adds a fair bit onto the 7a+ version but time will tell whether it's as much as three grades...I suspect not!

No comments:

Post a Comment