As per the title, we went up to El Pati in Siurana today to meet Dave and Javier. Tash was considering projecting the other good 7a here (Ay Mamiti) so I agreed to try and get a project there so we could both work them at the same time. As I've now done pretty much every route at El Pati (8b+ and down anyway) there was limited choice! But I had my eye on an 8b called 'Pati pa mi'. So after warming up putting the draws in Ay Mamiti for Tash, I went up my route bolt to bolt. It was pretty baltic and my fingers and toes didn't really warm up the whole way, but with the help of Dave's clip stick I managed to get up it and did all the moves first go. It turned out to be way easier than I'd expected with good rests both before and after the short crux section so it seems like a goer! New project for Ali...psyched!! Tash didn't have as much success on her route due to the run out crux section so she's less psyched. But she dragged me to El Pati so she'll have to face the consequences...after all, marriage is about compromise ;-)
![]() |
| Dave trying his hardest to blend in with the rock on 'El Prado del Rey' (F7b+) at El Pati. |

No comments:
Post a Comment