There's not much to say about today other than that really!
We went to L'Aparador again. I warmed up on Tash's new project 'Bindelef' (7a+), then put the draws in my route. After a rest I had a redpoint. I felt good on it, managing to get plenty back at the mid-height rest, and got all the way through the crux sequence. Just when I thought it was in the bag, when I was rocking over to reach good holds and guaranteed success, something went wrong. I'd like to blame my rock shoe (the big flap of rubber that's coming off the sole caught on the edge I was rocking on to so I had to hang around adjusting that for a few seconds), but ultimately I didn't rock over far enough and fell off literally tickling the bottom of the final sidepull! Grrr
Oh well, at least it proved that the route's possible. Something I didn't think the first time I got on it. So we'll have to see what happens next week when I get back on it...

No comments:
Post a Comment