Welcome to a slightly different blog… From now on Ali will be writing a purely climbing blog and I’ll be covering the “other stuff”. So if you want the beta on his latest crushes click HERE, or read on for the more fluffy stuff from our travels and non climbing life...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Progress on the project & Tash does first 7a+!!

I had my first day back on the L'Aparador project at Siurana for about two and a half weeks today. After warming up on 'Rauxa' again I had a go up it putting the draws in. Getting reacquainted with it was a humbling experience and it felt way harder than I'd remembered; especially the moves just before the real hard bit, which tire you out before you even get to the crux sequence! But surprisingly, after I'd worked the moves again and got to the top, I managed to link the whole crux sequence on top-rope - the first time I've done this, so the route finally felt possible. The only problem now will be managing to stay at the hands off rest long enough to recover from the lower half (the rest position means your toes and calf muscles get tired instead so you end up moving before you're recovered!).

Despite feeling pretty tired from working the moves and doing that link I decided to have a go on redpoint, but it was fairly short lived! I got through the lower half again and to the hands off rest, but didn't really wait very long so I only made it into the bottom of the crux sequence before the juice ran out! Hopefully after a rest day tomorrow I can have a decent redpoint on Thursday...

Tash also did her first 7a+ today (Rauxa to the first belay), which she was obviously pretty chuffed with! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment